• Support fellow Estonians in need in the United States and in Estonia
The ERC provides financial support to registered non-profit organizations throughout the United States and Estonia that have the means to use our grants for charitable purposes to reach many in need.
• Help preserve and promote Estonian culture and heritage in the United States
The ERC provides charitable financial support to Estonian-American youth groups and camps, educational societies, choirs and dance groups, non-profits, and related projects and events.
The Estonian Relief Committee (ERC) provides financial support to charitable organizations and individuals of Estonian heritage in the United States and in Estonia.
The ERC is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization sustained by voluntary, tax-deductible contributions from the public. It was established in 1941 in New York by local Estonians seeking to aid their fellow countrymen in need.
Since the rebirth of Estonian independence in 1991, Estonia's government and charitable institutions have increased their aid to the local population while new generations of Estonian-Americans have risen in the U.S.
As a result, the mission and scope of the ERC have evolved to meet the needs of our times in the Estonian-American community while we continue to support charitable projects for the needy in Estonia.
Recent Grants to Estonia
• Tallinn Children's Hospital Foundation
• Estonian Support Union of the Deafblind
• SOS Children's Villages in Estonia
• Estonian Food Banks
• Estonian Wounded Warriors Association
• Estonian Association of Injured Soldiers
Recent Grants in the U.S.
• Estonian Singing Choirs in USA
• Estonian Folk Dancing Troops in USA
• Estonian Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts in US
• Federation of Associations for the Advancement
of Estonian Youth (Järvemetsa/Lakewood Camp)
• NY Estonian Educational Society programs
• LI Estonian Children’s Summer Camp
• LI Estonian Educational Society programs
• Lakewood Estonian Association programs
• Estonian Archives in the USA
• Estonian Song and Dance Festival participation
by USA groups
• EV100 events
• The Nordic Press programs